The numerous projects in FP7 and H2020 address not only fundamental research but also the economic and societal dimension of security and privacy in the digital ecosystem, for the purposes of ensuring the well-functioning of the internal market.
Research priorities address current ICT security challenges, like:
- trustworthy network and service infrastructures,
- user-centric identity and privacy management and technologies for secure software development,
- trusted computing,
- cryptology, and
- advanced biometrics.
This work contributes to the efforts being done in the EU's Cybersecurity policies and other relevant areas.
The European Commission supports research and innovation in the field of Cybersecurity, trustworthy ICT and Online Privacy in a number of ways:
Until the end of 2013:
The objectives were addressed in two streams:
- 7th Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7) - Research Funding
- Competitiveness and Innovation Programme ICT Policy Support Programme (CIP ICT-PSP) – Stimulating the adoption of trustworthy and secure ICT
From 2014 onwards:
Horizon 2020 is the comprehensive framework for Research, Development and Innovation in the field of Cybersecurity and Online Privacy. It addresses the objectives in two streams:
- Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies (LEIT)
- Societal Challenges: in particular Societal Challenge 7, "Secure societies – Protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens"
EU funded projects
A Source code analysis Toolbox for software security AssuraNCEFunding schemeCollaborative project (generic)Programme codeFP7Project acronymSTANCE
ACcelerate Trust in digital life Organisation and RelationsFunding schemeCoordination and support actionsProgramme codeFP7Project acronymACTOR
Accountability For Cloud and Other Future Internet ServicesFunding schemeCollaborative project (generic)Programme codeFP7Project acronymA4CLOUD
Advanced Sensors and lightweight Programmable middleware for Innovative Rfid Enterprise applicationsFunding schemeCollaborative project (generic)Programme codeFP7Project acronymASPIRE
Advanced Software Protection: Integration, Research and ExploitationFunding schemeCollaborative project (generic)Programme codeFP7Project acronymASPIRE
Authentication and Authorisation for Entrusted UnionsFunding schemeCollaborative project (generic)Programme codeFP7Project acronymAU2EU