1. Online invitation/registration relating to the "Digital Action Day 2014" Event
As this online service collects and further processes personal data, Regulation (EC) 45/2001, of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data, is applicable.
2. What personal information do we collect, for what purpose and through which technical means?
The personal data collected and further processed are:
- Data necessary for the organisation and management of the event, such as gender (needed for the right title)/name/surname/organisation/function/ postal and e-mail addresses.
- Photographs/pictures, presentations, live web-streaming and/or audio and video recording of speakers and participants during the overall event, including the social reception. They could be published in the context of the event and in the framework of European Commission activities.
- If you are invited as a member of a Commission experts group, some of your personal data (listed in the Notification DPO-2194) will be made publicly available in the Register of Expert Groups for as long as the membership upholds and/or until removal from the public site is requested, in view of the transparency policy of the European Institutions (see also 'COM(2007)127 final' and http://ec.europa.eu/transparency/eti/index_en.htm) and the need to inform the public of the identity and qualifications of the experts advising the Institution.
The purpose of the processing of personal data performed in the context of the Digital Action Day 2014 is the management/organisation of the event, including management of:
- Lists for contacts, invitations, participants, reports, distribution of reports, feedback on reports, event follow-up, follow-up meetings, follow-up actions, news and publications.
- Photographs/pictures, presentations, live web-streaming and/or audio and video recording of speakers and participants during the overall event, including the social reception.
- Publication on the internet/intranet of the web-streaming material and photographs/pictures/videos/presentations.
- An opt-out is provided to participants who prefer their images are neither recorded nor published on any support. In these cases, and according to available resources, the organizer could offer those participants an alternative space where to follow the event and debates by means of live web-streaming displayed on a screen.
In case of unavailable resources, those participants can locally follow live the event and debates at the web-streaming Internet address indicated on the subscription form or the invitation by the organizer.
The processing operations on personal data linked to the organisation and management of this event is necessary for the management and functioning of the Commission, as mandated by the treaties, and more specifically articles 5, 7 of the Treaty on European Union and articles 244-250 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
The website uses no cookies as information is not kept on the computer and a secure connection https is used for the connection between the client and the server.
3. Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed?
Some of your personal data (photographs/pictures, video recording or web-streaming material, presentations) will be published on the web. If you do not agree with this publication of your personal data, please opt-out where required or inform the data controller by using the Contact Information below and explicitly specifying your request. In these cases, and according to available resources, the organizer could offer those participants an alternative space where to follow event and debates by means of live web-streaming displayed on a screen.
In case of unavailable resources, those participants can locally follow live event and debates at the web-streaming Internet address indicated on the subscription form by the organizer.
For speakers only, in the conferences webcast portal and event's website, name, profile, picture, short CV and presentation(s) if provided voluntarily by the speaker, will be indicated in the portal and associated to the video recording of the speech. No personal data is added for interventions not in the agenda (e.g. questions from the public).
In order to keep the network of the participants operational a list of participants may be shared with the attendees.
The report including the presence list may be shared with the participants and distributed to all organisations represented in the event.
As these official event reports are Commission documents, they fall under the scope of the Regulation (EC) 1049/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 May 2001 regarding public access to European Parliament, Council and Commission documents.
No personal data is transmitted to parties, which are outside the recipients and the legal framework mentioned.
4. How do we protect and safeguard your information?
The collected personal data and all information related to the above mentioned event are stored on the servers of the Directorate-General Communications Networks, Content and Technology and DG Interpretation, the operations of which abide by the Commission's security decisions and provisions established by the Directorate of Security for this kind of servers and services.
Audio and video recordings as well as information displayed on the internet/intranet might be stored on servers of external contractors abiding by the necessary security provisions.
5. How can you verify, modify or delete your information?
In case you want to verify which personal data is stored on your behalf by the responsible controller, have it modified respectively corrected or deleted, please contact the Controller by using the Contact Information below and by explicitly specifying your request.
Special attention is drawn to the consequences of a request for deletion, in which case any trace to be able to contact you will be lost.
6. How long do we keep your data?
Your personal data will be part of a list of contact details shared internally amongst the staff of the Commission services for the purpose of contacting you in the future in the context of the Commission's activities. If you do not agree with this, please contact the Controller by using the Contact Information below and by explicitly specifying your request.
For communication and educational purposes of interpreters, some recordings of webcasts could be used longer by the SCIC services for a limited number of persons. This processing is described in a specific notification to the DPO.
7. Contact Information
In case you wish to verify which personal data is stored on your behalf by the responsible controller, have it modified, corrected, or deleted, or if you have questions regarding the organisation of the event, or concerning any information processed in the context of the event, or on your rights, feel free to contact the support team, operating under the responsibility of the Controller, using the following contact information:
Unit F1 "Growth and Jobs"
Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology European Commission
Avenue de Beaulieu 25