This ecosystem provides support, funding and mentoring for eager entrepreneurs through numerous platforms including:
- Startup accelerators such as H-farm Ventures, Seedlab and iCatapult.
- Startup associations including Mind The Bridge which puts local startups in contact with Silicon Valley.
- Numerous events and competitions such as the innovation prize Premio Gaetano Marzotto, Expo delle Startup and the IntesaSanPaolo Startup Initiative.
Inspirational success stories
Find out more about the new and exciting generation of Italian startups through these inspirational success stories:
- Moneyfarm puts the power pack in the saver’s hands.
- Spreaker allows anyone to create audio content and broadcast it.
- Italian Startup Beintoo is an example of how young entrepreneurs can bring technology to the next level.
- Docebo’s simple Saas learning management system supplies, tracks and certifies business courses.
- Discover Vivocha's multi-channel online customer service website.
- Doveconviene is a digital, geo-localised newsstand that provides leaflets and catalogues of major retailers and brands across all categories.
Some stimulating startups and scaleups
The startups below were recommended by the Italian Digital Champion Riccardo Luna to be top of the class:
- MusiXmatch is the world's largest lyrics catalogue with more than 30,000,000 users worldwide.
- Decisyon Inc. provides enterprises, manufacturers and global brands with collaborative business intelligence and performance management software solutions that integrate analysis, planning and execution to accelerate smart decision-making.
- Sardex is a complementary currency network which operates on the island of Sardinia as well as in Lombardia, Lazio, Piemonte, Marche, Emilia Romagna, Abruzzo e Sannio (Campania) on mainland Italy.
- Talent Garden is the biggest European network of co-working spaces for tech/digital/creative entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups and companies.
- Ennova's mission is to design, develop and deploy innovative models for customer relationship management. Ennova enables operators to make a remote connection to the customers' smartphones, tablets and PCs and interact with it, solving problems associated to operation and configuration
- Mosaicoon helps brands to maximise their online visibility by producing, globally distributing and tracking video content.
- Expert System has developed a technology that reads and understands multiple languages the way people do.
- ADmantX offers a cookie-less semantic advertising technology which allows publishers, ad networks and exchanges, brand managers and agencies to develop more effective online ad campaigns leveraging semantic understanding, natural language processing and sentiment analysis.
- Arduino is an open-source electronics platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software. It is intended for anyone making interactive projects.