Before the publication of the Technical Report with the requirements for the Smart Cities extension of SAREF, the STF team carried out different initiatives to validate such requirements with different stakeholders, such as the SAREF4CITY Validation Workshop that took place during the IoT Week 2018 in Bilbao.
This follow up workshop will also be of a practical nature and is open to everyone interested in the representation of smart city data using ontologies. Its goal is to validate the current implementation of the SAREF4CITY extension and identify alignments with existing models and future lines like internationalization or promoting adoption, provided by participants.
Therefore, stakeholders already working with smart city models in their project or company or planning to do so, or those who just want to contribute to the future of SAREF4CITY, are welcome to attend and participate in the discussions.
The participants are encouraged to present their models and to join the participative sessions to map their models to the SAREF4CITY ontology and help create a roadmap for SAREF4CITY towards wide spread global adoption.
9:00 -- 9:30: Registration
9:30 -- 10:30
- Welcome and opening (Eddy Hartog, EC)
- SAREF strategy at ETSI
- SAREF: bridging SmartM2M and oneM2M (Enrico Scarrone, TIM)
10:30 -- 11:00: Coffee break
11:00 -- 12:30
- SAREF overview and roadmap (Laura Daniele, TNO)
- SAREF4CITY development (María Poveda-Villalón, UPM)
- SAREF4CITY overview (Raúl García-Castro, UPM)
12:30 -- 13:30: Lunch
13:30 -- 15:30
Participative session: structured dialogues
- Introduction to the participative techniques & process
- Work in groups in the following lines
- Getting traction on SAREF
- Internationalization of SAREF
- The SAREF4CITY ontology
- Synergies with other models
15:30 -- 16:00: Coffee break
16:00 -- 17:00
- Breakout sessions report
- Closing remarks and open discussion
- Svetoslav Mihaylov, European Commission
- María Poveda Villalón, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Raúl García-Castro, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Laura Daniele, TNO
Deadline for registration is 16 November 2018