In January 2017 the Commission adopted the 'Building a European Data Economy' Package where it addressed, among other issues, the opportunities and challenges related to access and re-use of data. The 'Building a European Data Economy' Communication announced a structured dialogue with stakeholders which included a public consultation (closed on 26 April) and a series of workshops.
Representatives of companies already engaging in data-sharing with a wider ecosystem of partners and making data available, e.g. through Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), data market places or within Industrial Data Spaces, will share their experiences in this workshop. Specific challenges of data sharing through APIs will be deepened.
The workshop took place on the 8 June 2017 from 10.30 to 16.15.
Please see the attached agenda for details.
- Christian Reimsbach-Kounatze, Enhanced access to data - maximising the social and economic value of data for data-driven innovation
- Rikesh Shah, Innovation through Open Data at Transport for London
- John Foster, AURA - It's your data
- Andreas Krohn, The Swedish API Licence
- Jan Jürjens, The industrial data space: Platform for B2B data sharing