The WG2 has held two meetings (on 21 October and on 8 December 2016) and had a dedicated session during the First Stakeholder Meeting on January 31 – February 1, 2017 in Essen. The upcoming meeting will take place on 4th of May in Brussels.
The participants have reflected on the following questions:
- What is the current landscape of activities in Europe (national initiatives, EU funded activities, other)?
- Where do we want to go?
- What kinds of next-generation platforms and large-scale federating initiatives are needed (if any)?
- What concrete gaps/problems could be addressed through platform development and large-scale initiatives at EU level?
- How do we bridge the gap between what we have and what we want to achieve?
- What concrete platform building initiatives and large-scale pilots can be expected/supported/promoted?
- How to combine large-scale demonstrators across the EU and across Member States, taking into account already ongoing national developments?
- Who are the main stakeholders to be involved?
- How can PPPs contribute to building platforms?
- How can existing/planned MS initiatives contribute to building platforms?
- What are the complementarities/synergies/needs for coordination between EU (PPPs) and MS levels? How to avoid overlaps and strengthen synergies?
- How do Member States see the role of the PPPs in supporting the alignment of R&I programmes?
- How do Member States see the PPPs evolving, the Member States involvement in PPP activities, and PPP involvement in Member States activities?
- Standardisation: how can alignment of initiatives strengthen the European position in standardisation?
- How to ensure the necessary mobilisation of resources at all levels?
- Which targets and indicators should be used to provide evidence and monitor progress?
Based on the discussions at these meetings and on additional input received, the WG2 has developed a draft report on the alignment of priorities and programmes and mobilisation of investments towards platform/standardisation initiatives. The debate is ongoing.
The WG2 should now finalise the report supporting the implementation of specific DEI actions and formulate recommendations, e.g. on policy matters and mobilisation and leveraging of investments, addressed to the High-Level Representatives attending the Roundtables.
The WG2 considers next-generation digital platforms in the following sectors/topics:
- Connected Smart Factories
- Smart Agriculture
- Digital Transformation of Health and Care
- Industrial Data Platforms
- Internet of Things
See the full Agenda of the meeting.