They committed to achieving gender balance and providing equal opportunities in their companies by:
- Instilling an inclusive, open, female-friendly company culture
- Recruiting and investing in diversity
- Giving women in tech their voice and visibility
- Creating the leaders of the future
- Becoming an advocate of change
The good practices and recommendations to achieve inclusive business eco-system open to all will be published on this website in March 2019.
Whether the CEO of a large high-tech company or of a start-up, you can also contribute to closing the gender gap in your company by signing the declaration.
With only 1 in 6 woman ICT specialists, only 1 in 3 STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) woman graduates and women in the information and communication sector earning almost 20% less than men there is a significant gender gap. To address these challenges of low participation of women in digital, the lack of digital skills and the gender bias, the Commission took a number of concrete steps including the declaration on women in digital launched in June 2018.