DIHs provide access to technical expertise and experimentation, to allow “test before invest” and provide innovation services, such as financing advice, training and skills development that are needed for a successful digital transformation.
The Digital Europe Programme (DEP) will increase the capacity of a selected number of hubs, to cover activities with a clear European added value, networking the hubs and promoting transfer of expertise. DIHs funded by the Digital Europe Programme will be called European Digital Innovation Hubs (EDIHs). The initial network of EDIHs will be established from a list of hubs designated by Member States.
Not all EDIHs will need to support the public sector, but in the overall network, there needs to be a reasonable amount that do. Other hubs can, if they find it beneficial, develop this expertise through train-the-trainer activities in DEP, and learn from other hubs how they approach public sector organisations. If a hub was until now only focused on industry, but in the future they would like to serve public administrations as well, they can consider including research institutions, Living Labs, City Labs or other organisations, dedicated to public administration and public sector innovation in their consortium.
Links to the webinars:
- How can DIHs help public administrations in times of COVID-19? (25/03/2020) - report
- How can DIHs help the transition towards smart cities (30/04/2020) - report
- The future of Digital Innovation Hubs and Reference Sites in the Digital transformation of Health and Care in the EU (20/05/2020)
- Artificial Intelligence for Smart Cities (25/05/2020) - report
- Community of Practice on Cities: How to scale up digital solutions in smart cities and communities? (26/5/2020) - report
- How can DIHs and the European Commission join forces to drive digital transformation of the EU's public sector? (3/7/2020)
These Info Points provide DIHs with an overview of possible service offerings they can take on board, by re-using tools and solutions developed at EU level.