As part of the first phase of the European Innovation Council (EIC) Pilot programme (2018-2020), the FET-OPEN funding instrument supports early stage collaborative science and technology research, aimed at the development of radically new technologies of the future. The funded multi-beneficiary projects involve a wide range of actors, mostly from universities and research organisations, but also SMEs and industry partners, with a common goal of exploration of new technological possibilities, inspired by cutting-edge science, unconventional interdisciplinary collaborations or new research and innovation practices.
The next cut-off date for the submission of proposals under the Future and Emerging Technologies Open (FET-Open) scheme for Research and Innovation Actions (RIA) is 24/1/2019 at 17:00 CET.
For the cut-off dates of 2019 (January and September), the indicative budget for the FET-Open RIA instrument is 160.4 M€.
During the period 2018-2020, more than 200 more ambitious high-risk / high-impact interdisciplinary FET-Open projects as part of the EIC pilot will be funded.
What do you need to know?
In order to help potential applicants in finding all the relevant information about the FET-Open funding scheme of the EIC Pilot (preparation and submission of proposal, evaluation process), the Research Executive Agency (REA) organised a web streaming info session (webinar) on Friday, 12 October 2018.
- More information on EIC FET-Open
- Currently open FET-Open calls
- Would you like to know what the EIC FET-Open Gatekeepers are? This short video explains it.
- The most frequently asked questions about FET-Open can be found under section FAQs
- Would you like to know more about the currently funded FET projects? The brochure on FET "From great science to thrilling technology" will give you more information
- The new brochure on FET Open in 2014-2017 is now available!
The upcoming cut-off dates in the Work Programme 2018-2020 for the submission of proposals
under the FET-Open scheme for Research and Innovation Actions (RIA) are the following:
- 24 January 2019
18 September 2019
13 May 2020