Main contractor: Attentional Ltd
This report was completed by the following people:
Attentional: David Graham, Farid El-Husseini
Gide Loyrette Nouel: Olivier Cousi, Alexandre Entraygues
Headway International: Arnaud Dupont, Brune Tessier Huort, Giovanni Gangemi, Adrien de Gromard
Oliver & Ohlbaum: Sean McGuire, Theresa Vimmerslev, Duncan Gray, Giacomo Zaninetti
Within the framework of the implementation of Articles 13, 16 and 17 of the AVMS Directive on promotion of European works in the EU Member States, the objectives of the study were to :
- Carry out a survey of the implementing measures of Articles 13, 16 and 17 of the AVMS Directive in the EU Member States and the EEA contracting parties;
- Provide a description and analysis of the market for audiovisual works in the EU Member States and the EEA contracting parties;
- Provide the Commission with the necessary information to define a set of performance indicators and operational procedures for periodical monitoring and assessment activities;
- Check the practicability of theses indicators and operational procedures related to on-demand services through a "reality test"; and
- Provide the Commission with the necessary elements to assess whether the provisions of the AVMS Directive are sufficient to safeguard European works in the offer of audiovisual media services in the Member States.
Stakeholders workshop - 14 September 2011 - Brussels
The aims of the workshop were to present the preliminary final report of the "Study on the implementation of the provisions of the Audiovisual Media Services Directive concerning the promotion of European works in audiovisual media services" and to provide the stakeholders with the opportunity to discuss the key findings.
> Read the presentations.