The study will focus on:
- video-sharing platforms
- media ownership rules and transparency
- overlays in audiovisual media services
with the following main objectives:
- Video-sharing platforms: the study will provide a snapshot of the video-sharing platforms in the EU. The study will document, inter alia, their technical specificities, the measures already in place to protect users from hate speech and content harmful to minors, whether and how they enforce their terms of service and their practices regarding commercial communications.
- Media ownership rules and transparency: the study will map and provide a legal analysis of rules at national level, as well as assess the effectiveness of their implementation. The output will include a website presenting this mapping and linking to information sources on media ownership.
- Overlays in audiovisual media services: the study will provide a snapshot of the market situation, focusing on the EU and US. It will document the technical approaches and map Member States' legislation in this area.