The campaign runs for the entire month of October– with tips and tricks to improve and practice basic cyber hygiene, ways to acquire new cyber skills and to recognise cyber scams to safely managing emerging technologies, activities and trainings to help us all become more cyber safe.
The annual awareness campaign is organised by the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA), the European Commission and over 300 partners, including local authorities, governments, universities, think tanks, NGOs and professional associations. Around 300 activities will take place in October throughout Europe.
Building on the ambitious cybersecurity initiatives announced a year ago, the European Commission proposed last September 12th (add link) to invest in stronger and pioneering cybersecurity capacity in the EU. Under the new Digital Europe programme the Commission proposes to invest €2 billion into safeguarding the EU's digital economy, society and democracies through polling expertise, boosting EU's cybersecurity industry, financing state-of-the-art cybersecurity equipment and infrastructure.
- More info on the Cybersecurity proposal
- What is happening in your country during the Cybersecurity Month? Check the interactive map.
- Tips and advice in 23 languages, videos, online quizzes and awareness raising material are available on the dedicated website.
- More information in the ENISA press release.
- Follow the campaign on Twitter @CyberSecMonth and use the hashtags #CyberSecMonth #CyberAware