Cluj becomes the startup capital of Europe. Leading players in technology entrepreneurship and innovation in Central and Eastern Europe will meet key actors in innovation ecosystems from Western Europe. Expect hard questions to be answered at this Summit hosted by the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
Come and find out what does it take to lead your field at Startup Europe Summit. Pitch your startup. From startup to scaleup - listen to the masters of scaling up. Join thematic workshops. Network with venture capitalists. Discover how to grow your startup ecosystem. Exchange cards with executives. Engage with key policymakers. Ask fellows who are growing their business abroad about tips on going from 0 to 1.
Featured guests in 2019
- Mariya Gabriel - Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society, European Commission
- Simon Schaefer - Founder & CEO, Factory
- Jeff Burton - Co-founder, Electronic Arts
- Marius Ghenea - Investment Director at 3TS Capital Partners
- Bindi Karia - Founder, Bindi Ventures
- Gianpiero Lotito - Founder & CEO of FacilityLive and President of the European Tech Alliance
- Robin Wauters - Founder, Tech.eu
- Nicolas Brien - General Director, France Digitale
- Miguel Arias - Global Entrepreneurship Director, Telefonica
- Alberto Onetti - Chairman and President, Mind The Bridge Foundation
- Eliza Kruczkowska - Chief innovation officer, Polish Development Fund
- Kat Borlongan - Director, La French Tech
- Martin Villig - Co-founder, Bolt (formerly Taxify)
- Nils Beers - Director, StartupDelta
What you will find during the Summit?
Breaking news from EU & Tech Leaders
Get inspired by technology leaders. Learn about European funding opportunities directly from Brussels, including programs to support startups (Startup Europe, European Innovation Council, Digital Innovation Hubs, EIT Digital). Learn how you can change the tech game.
It's about doing business deals. Meeting with investors, corporates and leading enterprises. Discovering how public administration from across the region and Europe can help. Connect with the leaders of the International Funding Institutions (World Bank, EIB, EIF, IFC & EBRD). This is the place to be.
Ecosystem building - Networking
Startup Europe Summit attendees are driven and focused. Whether you’re looking for funding, a new job, your new co-founder or investment, the summit offers several ways to help you connect with the right people efficiently and effectively.
Network with like-minded participants during the side events organised by various local and European organisations inside the event’s venue or all over Cluj-Napoca.
Live Stream of Startup Europe Summit
Brought to you by:
- Isidro Laso Ballesteros, Head of Sector, DG Connect, EC
- Bogdan Ceobanu, Policy Officer, DG Connect, EC
- Catalin Ticheru, Policy Officer, DG Connect, EC
- Bjorn-Soren Gigler, Senior Digital Innovation Policy Officer, DG Connect, EC
- Carmen Ianosi, Policy Officer, DG Connect, EC
- Cristina Ciobotaru, Ministry of Communications and Information Society of Romania
- Emilia.Botezan, Municipality of Cluj- Napoca
- Oana Buzatu, Municipality of Cluj- Napoca
Background reports and documents:
Registration is closed. On-site registration is not possible, due to security measures.