Commissioner Oettinger will open the Startup Europe Forum at ICT 2015 event on Tuesday, 20 October 2015 at 16.00. The opening session will take place in auditorium VII and will start with Zoya Sheftalovich from Politico and Paul Hofheinz, president of the Lisbon Council and director of the European Digital Forum interviewing the Commissioner.
Following the interview, Rastislav Chovanec, State Secretary of the Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic, will hand over a letter of intent on their engagement in the Policy Support Facility for Entrepreneurship to Commissioner Oettinger.
The opening session will continue with a panel discussion between a group of leading European entrepreneurs and investors. They will take the stage to share their experiences and exchange best practices on how Europe can become a better place to start and scale up businesses:
- Brigitte Baumann (Go Beyond and EBAN);
- Marie Ekeland (France Digitale);
- Nikita Fahrenholz (Book a Tiger; Delivery Hero);
- Inês Henriques (Ynvisible);
- Miguel Leitmann (Vision Box);
- António Murta (Pathena; digital champion of Portugal);
- Matthias Ummenhofer (mojo.capital);
- Linnar Viik (Pocopay; Estonian Information Technology College)
- Carlos Torres Vila (President and COO at BBVA)
The session will close with a short video on Give Vision, one of the finalists of the 2015 Tech All Stars. This initiative connects the 12 best European startups with the necessary resources to drive their businesses to the next stage of growth and to scale up dramatically.
The Startup Europe Forum will offer innovators, entrepreneurs, startups, fast scaling small businesses, corporate leaders, investors, and policymakers from around Europe 3 days of intense policy debates, stimulating keynotes, cutting-edge roundtables, insight into dynamic new research, showcase innovations and high-level networking. Have a look at the Startup Europe Forum programme to pencil in the sessions you do not want to miss.
Highlights of the programme include:
21/10/2015, Auditorium III&IV
- 14.00-15.00: a panel discussion with the authors of 10 National Startup Manifestos, a fast-growing movement in nine EU member states to improve the climate for cutting-edge new businesses;
- 15.00-15.30: the launch the European Digital City Index, an innovative look at Europe’s most dynamic cities by Geoff Mulgan (CEO of Nesta);
- 16.00-17.00: a debate with entrepreneurs on the challenges for EU startups to grow cross border animated by Roberto Viola, Director General DG CONNECT;
22/10/2015, Auditorium III&IV
- 9.00-10.00: The role of Capital Markets for growing Tech companies with initiatives proposed by Euronext
- 10.15-11.00: a keynote by Sherry Coutu, angel investor and author of the highly influential Scale-up Report.
- 11.15-12.30: a dialogue on the role of the women entrepreneurs and investors in digital areas, with Sherry Coutu, Candace Johnson (chairwoman of EBAN), Soraya Gadit (CEO of InoCrowd), Ana Paula Reis (CEO and Founder of Seldata) and presentation of the WEHUB Project's survey on women entrepreneurs.