Several European projects on Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) have developed their own platforms or marketplaces, offering solutions for companies to improve their production processes, products or business models with digital technologies.
These marketplaces have a high potential to make a real difference for companies, but how to make the most out of them?
The aim of this meeting is to bring together Digital Innovation Hubs representatives, part of the European Catalogue of DIHs and Working Group on Digital Innovation Hubs, to explore:
- What marketplaces and platforms exist and how could they be grouped together?
- How regions could benefit from them for their own companies?
- How Digital Innovation Hubs could be the main distributors of the portfolio of tools developed by EU-funded Innovation Actions at regional level?
Expression of interest to present at the event
During the day, we want to give the opportunity for:
- Innovation Actions to present their existing platforms and marketplaces
- Regions to showcase examples of how these tools can serve other companies in their regions
- Digital Innovation Hubs' representatives to reflect on how these platforms and marketplaces could be re-used as part of their service offerings.
If you want to contribute to the topics of the workshop, you are welcome to express us your interest via email. Please state what you would like to present and, if possible, attach already some slides. The deadline is 22 March.
10.00-10.10: Setting the scene: ‘Test before invest’ DIH services- use of platforms and marketplaces
10.10-12.00: Session 1: Platforms and marketplaces - structure and tools for digital manufacturing markets
- EU funded Innovation Actions are developing solutions that can help any company in any region in Europe with their digital transformation. Companies will be able to test these solutions either through open calls or by buying them through the martketplaces. This session will therefore present available tools and solutions to make regions and DIHs aware of what already exists.
12.00-13.00: Networking lunch
13.00-14:30: Session 2- Benefits for regions through collaboration with Innovation Actions & DIHs
- Europe funds many Application Experiments where companies test and implement digital solutions in cooperation with DIHs. Regions could play a role in the further deployment of these experiments, by proviging regional grants and re-using existing marketplaces.
14.30-15.00: Coffee break
15.00-16.30: Session 3- Collaboration of DIHs with the regions
- DIHs could be the main distributors of the various marketplaces. Participating hubs will be invited to make pledges and become supportive partners or satellite nodes, offering special dissemination conditions to the platforms / marketplaces.