The Commission has received Monthly Reports from Google, Facebook and Twitter addressing actions taken during February 2019 towards implementation of the commitments on electoral integrity. These Reports are part of the intermediate targeted monitoring of the Code of Practice against disinformation ahead of the European Parliament elections in May 2019 and follow up on the reports submitted for January.
The Commission welcomes that the February Reports show meaningful progress in a number of areas, in particular on political ads transparency tools, which all platforms are making available in advance of the European elections. In other areas, the picture varies significantly by platform.
Nevertheless, further efforts are still needed by all signatories concerned to identify relevant key performance indicators, which enable tracking progress towards the achievement of the objectives under the Code of Practice.
Vice-President for the Digital Single Market Andrus Ansip, Commissioner for the Digital Economy and Society Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality Věra Jourová and Commissioner for the Security Union Julian King discussed the Reports on 19 March 2019 at high-level roundtable with platforms’ representatives.
Full monthly reports
- Factsheet on disinformation
- Press release: "Code of Practice against disinformation: Commission calls on signatories to intensify their efforts"
- Questions and Answers - Code of Practice against disinformation: Commission calls on signatories to intensify their efforts
- Summary report on the implementation of the Code of Practice
- Report on progress made in the implementation of the April Communication