The highest number of applications came from Denmark, Germany and Spain. The majority of projects applied in category 3 “Territorial cohesion in rural and remote areas”. The projects are now being assessed by a jury of five broadband experts.
The 2018 B-Day event will take place on 19th and 20th of November in Brussels. The winners of the European Broadband Awards will be presented in a special ceremony in the evening of the 19th of November. This is a unique opportunity to share your experience beyond your borders and, after the ceremony, network with the representatives of the projects highlighted as best practices in Europe. The conference day offers the possibility to take an active part in the forum of the main actors involved in regulation, financing and broadband deployment across Europe.
The projects applied to and will be awarded in one of the five categories:
- Innovative models of financing, business and investment
- Cost reduction and co-investment in a future proof infrastructure
- Territorial cohesion in rural and remote areas
- Socio-economic impact and affordability
- Openness and competition
Check out previous Award winners:
- Winners of European Broadband Awards 2017
- Winners of European Broadband Awards 2016
- Winners of European Broadband Awards 2015
More details on the past editions of the Awards are available in the European Broadband Awards archive.