Jump straight to the video
In this video, Christof Sommerberg, Director of Regulation and Public Affairs at Deutsche Glasfaser, explains how “Glasfaser für Senden” – or “Optical Fibre for Senden” – was achieved.
This project was a finalist in the 2019 European Broadband Awards. Read more about this and other award-winning projects in the brochure Broadband Good Practices from the 2019 European Broadband Awards, as well as in the project’s factsheet in the European Commission database of good practices in broadband projects.
This video is part of the European Broadband Competence Offices (BCO) Network’s programme promoting awareness of good practices in broadband projects as well as EU broadband funding and policy. The programme includes a series of videos, articles and publications accessible through the BCO Network portal. Explore the highlights from last year’s BCO Network programme in the 2019 Activity Report.
Find out more
- The status of connectivity in your area: the European Broadband Mapping Portal
- Who to contact about broadband deployment in your Member State or region: BCO Network Directory
- Information on EU funding for broadband (brochure)
- Information on technical assistance for broadband (brochure)
- European Commission vision and policy relating to broadband
- Factsheets on broadband in Member States