While no consensus was reached amongst the represented constituencies on a set of guidelines, the Group allowed for valuable exchanges captured in a report summarising the process and the positions from the represented stakeholders.
mHealth remains an important topic in Commission policy on eHealth, in particular aspects around the validity and reliability of data from mHealth solutions.
The Commission services will therefore be closely associated to the works of the eHealth network subgroup on mHealth (see topic 6 on the agenda), led by Member States representatives, as well as to the mHealth Hub, a very recently launched project funded by the Horizon 2020 programme.
- Report of the Working Group on mHealth Assessment Guidelines February 2016 – March 2017
- Annex 1: Stakeholders' Positions on Assessment Criteria
- Annex 2: Examples of case studies:
- Annex 3: Examples of existing guidelines:
- Our Mobile Health
- Andalusia: Complete list of recommendations on design, use and assessment of health Apps
- Catalonia: mHealth.cat
- France: Good practice guidelines on health apps and smart devices (mobile health or mHealth)
- Germany: Health apps & co: safe digital care products with clearer regulations
- United Kingdom: Guidance: Medical device stand-alone software including apps