This report uses both qualitative and quantitative indicators. Key findings include that MEDIA:
- Accompanied the cross-border circulation of works, in line with the Digital Single Market strategy.
- Supported cultural diversity and competitiveness through high quality works which won 50 major prizes and reached audiences of over 120 million.
- Contributed to addressing gender balance: 37% of scriptwriters in supported works were women.
- Participants stress how training has been crucial in building their skill sets, in meeting potential collaborators from other countries, and creating new projects.
- Success stories supported new types of storytelling, innovative ways of reaching audiences and raised the visibility of European works.
- Implemented 100% of the budget.
The Report also sheds further light on the strengths of MEDIA as well as some areas for improvement and is thus relevant to the discussions on Creative Europe post-2020.