A fully integrated smart water network does not exist in Europe or globally. The water sector faces difficulties to develop smart technology due to the fragmentation of the sector, slow adoption of new technologies, absence of SME development and no holistic vision being set out for the sector among others. This is caused by the lack of integration and standardisation of these sectors that can enable companies to operate in the water industry. Given the need for interoperability and standardisation and the need for a holistic view of the water supply chain, the water economics and the connection between water and smart cities, two roadmaps have been published in the framework of the activities of the ICT4Water cluster (roadmaps published in 2015 and 2016).
As follow up, the Action Plan 2017 related to ICT and Water management will identify actions which include activities, challenges, timelines and tools for implementation to suggest the creation of the Digital Single Market for Water Services. The presentation of the Action Plan will take place on 1 December 2017 in Brussels.
Beaulieu 25, 1160 Brussels – D Room (2nd floor)
- 9.30-10.00 : Registration and coffee
- 10.00-10.30: Introduction by Despina Spanou - DG CONNECT Director H - Digital Society, Trust and Cybersecurity and EASME (TBC)
- 10.30-12.00 : Presentation of the Action Plan – Gabriel Anzaldi (EC expert ICT4Water cluster)
- 12.00-12.30 : Implementation of the Action Plan – WssTP (TBC)
- 12.30-14.00 : Lunch – Demos & Life after the end of the research project - Lydia Vamvakeridou-Lyroudia (ICT4Water Cluster)
- 14.00: Closing
Sandwich lunch will be served.
The audience will be composed of representatives of NGOs, water industry, researchers, SMEs, ICT companies, water utilities/municipalities as well as EU officials that work in the field of water management: AGRI, RTD, CONNECT, EASME, GROW, ENV, CLIMAT, DEVCO, EEA, EIP on Water.