- Co-ordinator: Stichting Free Press Unlimited - FPU (The Netherlands)
- Partner: Transitions Sdruzeni -TOL- (Czechia)
- Starting date: 1 September 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Maximum amount of the grant: EUR 279 280.
To help raise awareness among the general public across the European Union of the importance of media freedom and ethical journalism for democracy;
To encourage independent collaborative journalism and support to its practitioners in the European Union;
To facilitate building a European community of media professionals and organisations that are active in the field.
- To raise the profile of participating journalists through campaigns run through the platform and social media and through their participation at European media freedom conferences, leading to greater recognition of the importance of their work.
- To expand and enhance existing platforms (Press Start and Prague Media School) in order to create a significant, sustainable source of income for journalists working in European countries with restricted or unfree media, especially those engaged in cross-border collaborative journalism, including investigative stories.
- To further cross-border collaboration between verified journalists and independent media outlets through the platform. The Press Start platform and Prague Media Schools will not only serve as a place where campaigns for stories of cross-border importance are taught and showcased, but also media that connects local media outlets looking to collaborate on a particular story with journalists who are experts in the given subject that they would otherwise have difficulty finding.
This project was selected further to a Call for proposals for Pilot Projects and Preparatory Actions (Action 3)