‘We need to create programs and policies to connect ecosystems, founders and startups at European level.’ – Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, and also key-note speaker at the Summit.
What is Startup Europe Summit?
Startup Europe Summit is a European Commission event which aims to bring together startup founders and policy makers. More than 400 people will attend this year’s Bulgarian edition to learn about new funding opportunities, meet entrepreneurs and ecosystem builders and benefit from the possibility of closing a business deal.
Agenda of the Summit
What is MY-GATEWAY?
MY-GATEWAY is an initiative of Startup Europe that aims to strengthen the capacities of high-tech start-ups and innovative SMEs in the CEE region to become better connected, gain higher market exposure, and have improved streamlined access to funding opportunities and talents.
What is in it for you?
Get inspired by the latest buzz from high profile EU and Tech Leaders, connect with leading businesses and investors, and seal the deal! Startup Europe Summit is your gateway to boosting your startup:
- workshops on access to EU funding, as well as VC and BA;
- Get inspired from leading tech stars and EU policymakers
- Discover new funding opportunities;
- Strong focus on Central and Eastern Europe and Western Balkans regions.
What do you need to do?
Send in a:
- pitch deck
- a short motivation on why you would like to attend the Summit (no longer than a tweet!)
- high – quality logo of your startup
- your startup website
- your startup stage
- startup social media
and do tell us who of your team would be attending!
Provide us with name, surname, email, phone number.
Send an email to this address: email@example.com
with this subject line: SES: Application (startup name)
Note: Travelling costs for the winning startups will be reimbursed.
Submit your application by 29th of October, 12:00 CET (13:00 CEST).
How will you be selected?
The 22 startups will be selected based on:
- high potential for growth, so they can benefit from attending the Summit;
- advanced phase of development of their idea, have an existing prototype and/or viable business plan;
- having a unique idea that differs from the rest of the competition.
Who will select the winners?
The judges will be the members of the Central and Eastern European Network and the Western Balkan Network.
When will you find out if you have been selected?
A final decision will be made on the 30th of October, and you will receive a confirmation email on 31st October.