The three films shortlisted for the Lux Film Prize in 2017 are:
- BPM (Beats Per Minute) by Robin Campillo (France);
- Western by Valeska Grisebach (Germany, Bulgaria, Austria) and
- Sámi Blood, by Amanda Kernell (Sweden, Norway, Denmark).
These films have been subtitled in the EU's 24 official languages and will be shown in all member states during the Lux Film days, from October 2017 to February 2018. The list of theatres and cities where the scrennings will take place is available on the Lux Film Prize webpage. They will also be adapted for the visually and hearing impaired and they will be promoted during their international release.
The Creative Europe MEDIA programme is co-organising with the European Parliament three simultaneous multicasting screenings of the three shortlisted films competing for the award on the 8, 9 and 10 November:
- BPM (Beats Per Minute) will be screened in Amsterdam (EYE Filmmuseum) on 8 November at 19.30
- Western will be screened on 9 November in Brussels (Bozar) at 19.30.
- Sámi Blood will be screened on 10 November in Brussels (Bozar) at 19.00
After the screenings, actors Nahuel Perez Biscayart and Arnaud Valois (BPM (Beats Per Minute), director Valeska Grisebach (Western) and producer Lars Lindström with Henrik Zein (CEO Nordiskfilm) will take part in a live streamed Q&A session. The audience will have the opportunity to participate to the debate via twitter (#luxprize).