Jump straight to the video
nöGIG - the Lower Austrian Fibre Infrastucture Company - employs a three-layer open model, separating infrastructure, active operators and service provision, which operates on a wholesale-only model. The project will recoup its €310 million investment over 30 years, after which the network will be 100% owned by the State.
Read more about this and other 2019 European Broadband Awards winning projects in the brochure Broadband Good Practices from the 2019 European Broadband Awards, as well as in the project’s factsheet in the European Commission database of good practices in broadband projects.
This video is part of the European Broadband Competence Offices (BCO) Network’s programme promoting awareness of good practices in broadband projects as well as EU broadband funding and policy. The programme includes a series of videos, articles and publications accessible through the BCO Network portal.
Find out more
- The status of connectivity in your area: the European Broadband Mapping Portal
- Who to contact about broadband deployment in your Member State or region: BCO Network Directory
- Information on EU funding for broadband (brochure)
- Information on technical assistance for broadband (brochure)
- European Commission vision and policy relating to broadband
- Factsheets on broadband in Member States