The meeting will focus on the “Monitoring and Measuring” activities implementing the related commitment of the declaration: “help develop and implement a framework, built on existing methodologies, to measure and monitor the benefits for citizens, public authorities, businesses and other stakeholders at local level”.
Various ongoing activities including the development of the Local and Regional Digital Indicators (LORDI) framework will be presented. Led by ESPON (European Grouping on Territorial Cooperation) and the Committee of the Regions, the Monitoring and Measuring sub-group is jointly developing the LORDI framework that will help cities and regions develop and steer relevant policies, meet commitments and support access to different financing opportunities. LORDI maps cities and regions into 5 broad categories: local digital infrastructure, local digital skills and capacity building, local digital economy and services, governance and digital single market and context indicators.
Participants will be invited to discuss the results of a survey conducted on the indicators proposed in LORDI and how cities and communities can best benchmark their digitalisation transformation and learn from each other.
The meeting will also be an opportunity to follow up on EU funding opportunities under the RRF (Recovery and Resilience Facility) and other EU funding programmes.
1. Welcome by the European Commission
2. Keynotes speech by Commission director and new city signatory
3. Local and Regional Digital Indicator framework (LORDI):
- Overview development and current state of play
- Survey results on validity of LORDI framework (with cities)
4. Discussion in working groups led by signatory cities:
- LORDI: statistics vs big data analysis
- Urban Data Platforms: definition and measuring indicators
- Self-Assessments by cities
5. Next steps: further refining LORDI; gap filling with broad self-assessment survey