How and when to apply?
Download the application form and the guide for applicants. Carefully read the guide and explanations in the application form. Fill in and submit the application (as xlsx file) via e-mail. The deadline for submitting the applications is 7 September 2018, 16:00 CET.
The winners will be announced and awarded at the ceremony on 19 November and invited to present the project at the Broadband Day in Brussels on 20 November. The winners will also be featured on Digital Single Market website, newsletters and the good practice database of Broadband Europe.
The projects will apply to and will be awarded in one of the five categories:
- Innovative models of financing, business and investment. The projects that applied effective and innovative financing, business or investment models will choose this category.
- Cost reduction and co-investment in a future proof infrastructure. The category is addressed to projects that applied measures exploiting the synergies between different infrastructures and strived for cooperation among relevant stakeholders in building and investing in future proof high capacity infrastructure.
- Territorial cohesion in rural and remote areas. Projects with impact on territorial cohesion of rural and remote areas, on sustainable territorial development, competitiveness and better connectivity of territories are welcome in this category.
- Socio-economic impact and affordability. The category is for projects that have direct and indirect socio-economic impacts as well the impact on the affordability of services for end-users.
- Openness and competition. This is the most suitable category for projects that strived for openness of the infrastructure and creating favourable conditions for competition among retail suppliers.
Further information & support
European Broadband Awards help desk
Tel: +49 30 6098990 19