Standardisation will play a key role in the consolidation of IoT landscape. Since many of the benefits of IoT will occur on the basis of widespread adoption, the development of global standards is pivotal to ensuring economies of scale and impact.
AIOTI WG03 is contributing to the European and global engagement in the standardization process. In collaboration with other AIOTI WGs and STFs, WG03 is:
- Maintaining a view on the landscape of IoT standards-relevant activities being driven by SDOs, Consortia, Alliances and OSS projects.
- Providing a forum for analysis, discussion and alignment of strategic, cross-domain, technical themes and shared concerns across landscape activities
- Developing recommendations and guidelines addressing those concerns
- Engaging the IoT community in disseminating and promoting the results and steering
Currently the AIOTI Working group on IoT standardisation has established four sub-groups to assist his work:
- Sub-group on IoT landscape analysis
- Sub-group on definition of a high-level architecture
- Sub-group on semantic interoperability
- Sub-group on privacy between interconnected "things" and systems.
- Sub-group on security between interconnected "things" and systems
Download the Presentations
1. Smart Farming
2. Smart Cities
3. Industrial IoT