The event will cover recent developments in Artificial Intelligence, Next Generation Internet, Digital Skills and High-Performance Computing. Science community members, policymakers, entrepreneurs and fellow ICT-enthusiasts will have the opportunity to participate in the Conference, Exhibition, Networking sessions and Startups forum.
In the conference session “Realising the potential of data for the economy and open science” participants will find out how they can access, use and reuse scientific data and data analysis services for advanced data-driven research across disciplines and countries, through the European Open Science Cloud.
The session will take place on Wednesday 5 December (16:30-18:00).
Open Science practices will be presented in booths “Open science at the service of industry, civil society and research” (No 6) and GEANT (No 3) at the EC Village. The booths will be the focal point to discuss services related to sharing and opening science at global and European level and learn more about ground-breaking EU-funded research projects relying on open and collaborative research practices.
Exhibition Programme and online Exhibition Catalogue
Participants will be able to meet and engage with the academic and research community, decision-makers, as well as business representatives during the following sessions:
- Laying the foundations of the EOSC Business Model on Tuesday 4 December (17:00-17:45)
- Matchmaking Industry with the European Open Science Cloud on Wednesday 5 December (10:00-10:45)
- Increasing industrial participation in the Research Data Alliance on Wednesday 5 December(11:30-12:15)
- Paving the EOSC path through Value and Challenges on Thursday 6 December (09:00-09:45)
- Embedding the RDA outputs via European national nodes RDA on Thursday 6 December (09:00-09:45)
- WP infosession INFRAEOSC on Thursday 6 December ( 10h-10h45).
About ICT 2018
ICT 2018 will take place in Vienna on 4-6 December 2018. This research and innovation event will focus on the European Union’s priorities in the digital transformation of society and industry. It will present an opportunity for the people involved in this transformation to share their experience and vision of Europe in the digital age.