High Level Group's (HLG) report on Innovation Policy Management 'The way forward to improve people's lives: Inspiring and Completing European Innovation Ecosystems' aims to contribute to the European market of ideas.
It t is also a strong statement for the governance issues for European
Innovation to stimulate growth and employment. The report has been timely published in the context of the new Parliament and Commission.
The Innovation Policy Management seminar targeted innovation policy actors both inside and outside the European Institutions, as well as policy-makers at Member State and Regional levels.
The event aimed at disseminating information about the findings and discussing about common vision and common perspective on governance of European Innovation Ecosystems approach, or at least initiating the building of the common (open) innovation governance at European level.
The HLG is a tripartite group of policy makers, academia and industry and was set by the Polish EU Presidency. Work around the report continued in two phases, and the final Blueprint paper is published under the Italian EU Presidency.
Agenda (14:00 - 17:00)
- Opening : welcome words by Zoran Stančič, Deputy Director-General European Commission, DG CONNECT
- The HLG project and EU system change : origin, methods, inter-dependency of key recommendations (Stefan Schepers, Secretary General of the HLG, former Director General of EIPA)
- The role of science for policy making : Dutch and other experiences (Linda van Duivenbode, Ministry of Economic Affairs, the Netherlands)
- Science and economic/industrial policy : a cornerstone of growth and innovation (Susanne Burger, Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Germany)
- Educating society for the digital age and for change processes (Alberto di Minin, Ministry of Education, Italy)
- Closing remarks: Bror Salmelin, Adviser for Innovation Systems, DG CONNECT
Drinks: 17:00 - 18:00
Follow the discussion and participate on Twitter: @OISPG @DigitalAgendaEU #innoM14
Facebook: Open Innovation Group - OISPG