We invite active players in the fields of technologies for creative industries, social media and convergence. The topics covered include technologies and tools to support creative industries, the integration between broadcasting and broadband Internet-based services, audio-visual, social media, search, real-time media, immersive environments, etc.
What can you expect?
Through this InfoDay participants will:
- gain a better understanding of the Work Programme 2014-15 "Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies (LEIT) - Information and Communication Technologies", and more specifically of the themes "Technologies for creative industries" and "Social media and convergence" (Call ICT19-2015),
- have an overview of the criteria for the evaluation of proposals,
- have the opportunity to share ideas and experiences,
- meet potential partners for future project consortia.
- In the morning, a plenary session will provide participants with information on the LEIT Work Programme and on the preparation and submission of proposals. It will include presentations on "Technologies for creative industries" and "Social media and convergence".
- In the afternoon, thematic networking sessions will aim at discovering more about the topics of the call. Participants will have the opportunity to present their ideas through short presentations. Discussions will be open on the basis of contributions and questions.
Please note that during the networking sessions questions related to specific proposals ideas will not be answered by nor discussed with the Commission staff.
Download the agenda.
How to actively take part in this Event?
- Bring posters promoting your ideas - During the whole day, participants will have the possibility to display posters. This will be the place to share ideas and to meet potential project partners.
- Prepare a short presentation based on the following questions:
- Where do you see the main challenges in the area?
- How would you address these challenges in your project?
- Which expertise do you provide?
- Which expertise are you looking for to build a consortium?
- How to contact you?
Presentations should not exceed 5 slides (1 slide per question). They should be submitted by 25 September 2014 at the latest. Please clearly indicate the theme being addressed: 'Technologies for creative industries' or 'Social media and convergence'. Access to the [My Event] page, where you will find a link for submitting the presentation, will be granted after registration
When and where?
Monday, 29 September 2014, from 09:30 to 16:00
Albert Borschette Centre, European Commission
Room CCAB – 0D, Rue Froissart 36, 1040 Brussels,
Terms of participation
Participation to the event is free of charge, but travel and accommodation costs are to be borne by participants. Please note that the European Commission does not issue any personal invitations to this event, nor provide support with visa applications.
How to register?
In line with the security rules, only registered participants can access the conference centre. Please fill in the Registration form by 19 September 2014.
If you cannot attend the event, you can follow it via webstreaming by clicking here.
These two events will be a great opportunity to further pursue the InfoDay networking discussion with the NEM community, NEM being the Horizon 2020 European Technology Platform dedicated to content for Connected, Converging, Interactive Media & Creative Industries and driving the future of digital experience.
More information on the NEM Summit web page.