The ICT Proposers' Day 2014 was held in Florence on the 9th and 10th of October 2014.
It focused on the Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2015 in the field of Information & Communication Technologies. It offered an exceptional opportunity to build quality partnerships as it connected academia, research institutes, industrial stakeholders, SMEs and government actors from all over Europe.
- Information sessions on how to prepare and submit a proposal;
- Topic information stands where European Commission officials provide up-to-date information on the research and innovation topics of the Work Programme 2015 and the content of the calls for proposals;
- A European Commission ICT information desk to supply information on relevant topics, along with other information stands;
- Networking sessions organised according to the Pillars and Topics of the Work Programme 2015 where potential proposers present their project ideas;
- Booths, organised per villages, which serve as meeting points for people interested in the same research topics;
- Ample space for informal networking and bilateral pre-arranged meetings between participants.
Ideal-ist activities (not run the Commission, by Ideal-ist):
- Evaluation in H2020 workshop (9th October: 10.30-12.00 in Dante Room)
- Face2Face Brokerage (9th October: 11.45-18.15 and 10th October: 9.45-15.45 in Sala della Ronda)
- Pre-Proposal check (9th October: 13.00-18.15 and 10th October: 9.45-15.45 in Sala della Ronda).
Satellite events and workshops are also planned on 8th October:
- Seminar: Road-mapping Cybersecurity Research and Innovation - Grand Hotel Baglioni, Florence.
- Consultation Workshop: Global Cloud Experimental Facilities - Palazzo degli Affari, Florence.
For any background and further information, please consult the Press Pack Background Information for Ict Proposers' Day 2014 document.
This event was organised by the European Commission's DG CONNECT in cooperation with The Italian Presidency of the EU, The Region of Tuscany, The Municipality of Florence and The University of Florence.