The EU has launched a number of measures to stimulate this market and to help the European industry (and SMEs in particular) to be in the driving seat. They include the Active and Assisted Living Joint Programme (AAL JP), the eHealth Action Plan, the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing as well as dedicated parts of Horizon 2020 Societal Challenge 1 on Health, Wellbeing and Active Ageing.
The EU is also funding the Smart Silver Economy project. Its partners Technopolis Group, Oxford Economics and cbased are working with the European Commission in order to answer several important questions about the Silver Economy in Europe. This work will provide strategic information and data needed to establish a reference framework for the development of a Silver Economy Strategy for Europe, building on existing regional, national and industrial initiatives across Europe.
- Workshop 8/3/2017: 'Growing the EU Silver Economy: a workshop on policy recommendations'
- Aging in Place Technology Watch 2014 Market Overview (Aging in Place Technology Watch, January 2014)
- Study on Business and Financing Models related to ICT for Ageing Well (European Commission, September 2013)
- Understanding the Needs and Consequences of the Ageing Consumer (AT Kearney, March 2013)
- Seven Myths of Population Ageing (Accenture, February 2012)
- ICT & Ageing users, markets and technologies (European Commission, April 2010)