The Governing Board of the Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition was set up in September 2017 to improve the governance of the Coalition and to make it more impactful. In line with its mandate it provides strategic advice, leadership and overall direction. The Board has 13 members which represent all stakeholder groups in the Coalition: pledging members, national coalitions and social partners. The Board is chaired by Anja Monrad, Senior Vice President of Dell EMC Central and Eastern Europe.
Following consultation with the Coalition’s members, the Board adopted the Action Plan on 17 September 2018. The Action Plan builds on the successes already achieved by the Coalition, its members, pledgers and National Coalitions. The priorities are:
- Contribute to the success of the Digital Opportunity Traineeship initiative
- Help expand EU Code Week to reach 50% of all schools and beyond by 2020
- Strengthen and build new bridges between stakeholders and networks across Europe
- Support the work to ensure funding for digital skills in the next EU budget
- Expand membership and pledges across all sectors
- Raise the awareness of the workforce about their need for digital skills
- Empower and support the National Coalitions
- Raise the level of digital skills of SMEs
- Promote and leverage existing tools supporting the acquisition and assessment of digital skills
The Board will report on the progress of the plan’s implementation to Commissioner Gabriel at the ICT2018 conference in Vienna.
Read the detailed action plan.