The 2018 General Assembly provided a unique opportunity for smart city actors to meet, network, learn, shape views, develop plans, exchange best practices, present projects, find partners, and stimulate discussions that all go to help achieve the ambitions of the EIP-SCC Marketplace, to facilitate EUR 1 billion worth of smart city project investments in 300 European cities by 2020.
Scale, Acceleration, Impact, through an Integrated Approach, Common Solutions and Collaboration continue to be key words that shape and underpin EIP-SCC activities.
The theme that set the course for the General Assembly was: "EXPLORE, SHAPE, DEAL", seeking to stimulate and speed a funnel of smart city projects to realization.
General Assembly Agenda
The GA2018 agenda followed a different and much livelier format:
- Optional half-day Action Cluster meetings on the morning of the 27th
- "Explore, Shape, Deal" discussions for 27th afternoon and 28th morning
- A Gala Networking Dinner
- 3 Themed Key Note and Plenary Discussions on 28th afternoon
- There were also a number of informal side meetings to exploit the rare opportunity to have multiple key stakeholders in one place at the same time.
248 participants attended, with a broad mix from cities (16%), Industry (22%), Investor (2%), Scientific Partners (13%) and EU Institutions (3%). 24 initiatives were featured in the "Explore" open networking area, including EIP-SCC and other related EU-funded initiatives. 21 themed "Shape" table debates were held to focus, stimulate and ready the market. 106 people registered on the Matchmaking platform; 69 projects were profiled; 8 investors/financiers participated in the "Deal" discussions, with 33 meetings being arranged.
- More information and presentations can be found on the EIP-SCC Marketplace website.