The Flash Eurobarometer survey report on the end of roaming charges within the EU showed that there is a high percentage of people who are aware of the end of roaming charges. The more they travelled after 15 June, the more they were aware of this. 72% of the respondents believed that the end of roaming charges will benefit them personally or someone from their friends or family.
The Survey was conducted using telephone interviews in all 28 Member States of the European Union. Around 26 thousand individuals of all ages above 15 were asked the following questions:
- If they travelled within the EU in the last 12 months – both before and after 15 June 2017;
- If they were aware of the end of roaming charges;
- What non-travellers think are costs while roaming;
- If they see benefits of the end of roaming charges;
- If they used mobile services while traveling in other EU/EEA countries.
See the presentation of summary and supporting graphs of the survey.
Get country-specific reports of the survey.