Online platforms and trade associations representing the advertising sector have submitted a first implementation report setting out the state of play of the measures taken to comply with their commitments under the Code of Practice on Disinformation.
The reports show that further efforts must be deployed in other areas to improve the reliability of the online ecosystem and the protection of users.
The monitoring of the Code of Practice is part of the Action Plan against disinformation that the European Union adopted last December to build up capabilities and strengthen cooperation between Member States and EU institutions to proactively address the threats posed by disinformation.
Implementation reports by online platforms
Implementation reports by trade associations
- Factsheet on disinformation
- Press release: "Code of Practice against disinformation: Commission calls on signatories to intensify their efforts"
- Questions and Answers - Code of Practice against disinformation: Commission calls on signatories to intensify their efforts
- Summary report on the implementation of the Code of Practice
- Report on progress made in the implementation of the April Communication