The FET-Open CSA project EFFECT’s website FETFX is dedicated to FET and its successful projects, and acts as a hub for scientists and the wider community. FETFX keeps the community, society, policy-makers and everyone interested in the subject updated on the latest achievements and advancement in science and technology which FET has brought about. It provides also information on networking events organized by the EFFECT project, guidance and webinar material for improving FET projects’ communication and dissemination activities.
FETFX has been now recognized for its merits by being among the three finalists in the Laurels category of the .eu Web Awards. The .eu Web Awards acknowledges the best websites, using the .eu or .ею extensions. The awards are in 5 categories:
- Leaders – websites that represent established national businesses
- Rising Stars – websites that represent start-ups
- Laurels - websites that represent educational institutions, charitable organisations, or pan European projects
- House of.eu - websites that represent blogs, news outlets, and the media
- Better world - websites that represent green initiatives and environmentally-friendly organisations.
How do the .eu Web Awards work? Participation in the competition is voluntary and free. Before becoming a nominee, each website is briefly evaluated and contacted. Once announcing the nominees, the vote is open to the wide public. The three websites (per category) that have collected the most votes go to the finals, where a jury makes the final selection of the winners.
This year the winners will be announced on 21 November 2018, and will receive an .eu or .ею Web Award Certificate, a trophy, a customized 1-minute video produced by EURid for promotional purposes, a digital .eu or .ею Web Awards icon, and a billboard advertising.