The European Union is bringing free Wi-Fi to public parks, squares, libraries, town halls!
One voucher per municipality = €15,000
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
Everyone: WiFi4EU will give free internet access to local residents and visitors throughout the entire EU in the main centres of community life (parks, squares, libraries, public buildings, etc.).
WHO CAN APPLY?
Municipalities or groups of municipalities:
- Who would like to offer digital public services such as eGovernment, eHealth, eTourism, etc.
Who seek funding for equipment and installation and can provide free connection to their community for at least 3 years
HOW TO APPLY?
- Registration: uploading/updating supporting documents
- Application: first come, first served basis with geographical balance
- Selection: winners announced
- Signature: of agreements with municipalities
- Installation of Wi-Fi equipment
HOW WILL IT WORK?
- Municipalities need to ensure that the internet access is guaranteed for at least 3 years.
- WiFi4EU-funded networks must be free of charge, free of advertising and free from commercial re-use of data
- Installations should not duplicate existing free private or public Wi-Fi access.
- Municipalities are free to select the Wi-Fi installation company of their choice.
- Municipalities must display the WiFi4EU visual identity in the designated public spaces: