The Commission Expert Group on Quantum Technologies - High Level Steering Committee (see Commissioner Oettinger's blogpost announcing it) has now been established as a high level expert group with a mandate of one year. Its members will best represent collectively the diversity of stakeholders in Europe, both from the academic as from the industrial sides.
The group will work in an open and transparent way and together with the wider community of stakeholders from academia and industry and in close collaboration with Member States, it will propose a Strategic Research Agenda with clear and ambitious goals, as well as an efficient approach to its implementation and governance.
The group will be composed of the following academic members:
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Mlynek (Chair), Humbold University
- Prof. Dr. Rainer Blatt, University of Innsbruck
- Prof. Dr. Vladimir Bužek, Slovak Academy of Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Tommaso Calarco, University of Ulm
- Prof. Per Delsing, Chalmers University of Technology
- Prof. Elisabeth Giacobino, CNRS, Laboratoire Kastler-Brossel
- Prof. Dr hab. Marek Kuś, Polish Academy of Sciences - Center for Theoretical Physics
- Prof. Eugene Simon Polzik, Niels Bohr Institute
- Dr. Maria Luisa Rastello, National Institute of Metrological Research (INRIM)
- Prof. Dr. Lluis Torner, ICFO - The Institute of Photonic Sciences
- Prof. Dr. ir. Wim Van Saarloos, The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research NWO - Foundation for Fundamental Research on Matter
- Prof. Ian Walmsley, University of Oxford - Department of Physics
In addition, Prof. Maria Chiara Carrozza, Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, has been nominated as observer. She will ensure the link with the group in charge of the mid-term evaluation of the ongoing Flagship initiatives.
A first meeting of the group is scheduled on 20 September in Brussels. In parallel, the Commission is working on extending the group with representatives of industry. A dedicated call for expressions of interests has been published in August and its deadline is extended to 9 September 2016. More details and the application form can be found here.
- Professor J. Mlynek will chair expert group on Quantum Technology Flagship
- Joint blogpost, Dutch Minister Henk Kamp and Commissioner Günther H. Oettinger on appointment of Professor Jürgen Mlynek.
- Quantum Technologies Expert group description in the Commission Register