The Flash Eurobarometer survey report on the end of roaming charges within the EU showed that there is a high percentage of people who are aware of the end of roaming charges. The more they travelled after 15 June, the more they were aware of this. 69% of the respondents believed that the end of roaming charges will benefit them personally or someone from their friends or family.
The Survey was conducted using telephone interviews in all 28 Member States of the European Union. Around 26 thousand individuals of all ages above 15 were asked the following questions:
- If they travelled within the EU in the last 12 months;
- If they were aware of the end of roaming charges;
- What non-travelers think are costs while roaming;
- If they see benefits of the end of roaming charges;
- If they used mobile services while traveling in other EU/EEA countries.
More information :
Apart from the Eurobarometer Survey Report, Country-specific reports of the survey and a presentation of the summary and supporting graphs are available on Eurobarometer page.