The objectives of the Cooperation in Intelligent Transport Systems are to:
- Identify benefiting research and development areas;
- Share information on research projects, results and benefits;
- Involve stakeholders in their cooperative activities;
- Support strongly the development of globally open standards.
A Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) on "Cooperative Systems in the Field of Intelligent Transport Systems" was signed by the European Commission, DG Information Society and Media (DG INFSO), and the Road Bureau, Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT), in Lyon France, on 9 June 2011. Signatories were Mr Robert Madelin, Director-General, DG INFSO, and Mr Shigeru Kikukawa, Director-General of the MLIT's Road Bureau.
A Japanese (日本語) version of the MoC is also available.
- 15/05/2012 EU-Japan Cooperative ITS Workshop, Tokyo (JAP).
Access the presentations.