Where do we stand with the cross border use of eID in our daily transactions? What are the steps still to be taken to ease the use and accelerate the uptake of eID by people, businesses and public administrations? What are sector specific challenges to fully reap the benefits of eID under the eIDAS Regulation? These issues will be addressed one year after a high-level event with business representatives from economically vital sectors to put in motion and promote the uptake of eID under eIDAS.
Purpose of the day
By showcasing good practices and practical examples of how cross-border eID solutions at Member State and European levels can work, we will discuss the opportunities and challenges for business to benefit from the transformative nature and wide use potential of eID. The day will gather high-level business representatives across sectors to look together at the impact eID can have.
The event will provide an overview of the concrete steps taken and the on-going work to improve regulatory alignment between the eIDAS Regulation and sector specific legislation. In this respect, the banking and finance sector will be in the spotlight with regard to the recent European Banking Authority's Discussion Paper on strong customer authentication as well as the Commission Green Paper on retail financial services.
The event will also provide an opportunity to discuss how the practical tools and funding available from the Commission to accelerate the take-up (such as the Digital Services Infrastructure developed under the Connected Europe Facility, CEF) will stimulate the cooperation and synergies between eID providers and innovative eID consuming businesses.
- Updated! - Agenda
- Recorded Streaming
- NEW! Summary of the event
- Introduction, by Andrea Servida
- "The Anti-Money laudering directive - risk assessment & CDD requirements", by Bertil Vagnhammar
- "Possible synergies between PSD2 and the eIDAS Regulation", by Geoffroy Goffinet
- "eID and digital innovation: the approach of a national banking authority", by Gino Giambelluca
- "The market for Digital Identity", by David Rennie
- "e-Residency", by Ott Vatter
- "eID, the Austrian Experience", by Peter Kustor
- "Levering Digital Identity accross EU borders to open a bank account", by Shailesh Grover
- "Mobile Connect", by Janne Jutila
- "eIDAS : a Bank Perspective", by Israel Hernanz
- "eID and Post Box Services", by Harald Lemke
- "Role of eID in making insurance work online", by Claudia Lang
- "The untapped potential of eID for e-Commerce", by Stefanie Ros
- "YOTI, your Digital Identity", by Robin Tombs
- "Looking ahead: how eID can accelerate digitisation of your businesses", by Philip Woolfson
- "eID and the Future of Banking", by Carmine Auletta
- "BBVA - Looking ahead", by Israel Hernanz
- "eCommerce Europe - a holistic approach to eID", by Stefanie Ros
- "Looking ahead: How eID can accelerate digitisation of your businesses", by Noemie Papp
- "Signicat", by J. Erik Setsaas