Further to the recent entry into force of eIDAS Regulation last 17 September , an eIDAS launch event was organised on 14 October in the afternoon.
The event is organised to highlight that eIDAS is key to unlock the Digital Single Market, with the participation and sponsorship of private sector stakeholders.
During the event, an electronic signature ceremony of the eIDAS Regulation was held. MEP Ulvskog, the eIDAS Rapporteur during the legislation process, signed on behalf of the European Parliament and Mr Giacomelli, Italian Undersecretary for Telecommunications, signed the Regulation on behalf of the Italian Presidency of the Council.
The purpose of this "electronic signature ceremony" was to represent the commitment of EU Institutions to "go digital" together with public administrations in Member States, for the benefit of EU citizens and businesses.
Vice-President Neelie Kroes also participated in the ceremony and signed electronically the press release and a letter showing her commitment to go fully digital.
Media coverage of the event:
- View again the signature ceremony
- EC VP Neelie Kroes receives Reinhard Posch, CIO of Austria
- Opening speeches from EC VP Neelie Kroes, Toomas Ilves (President of the Republic of Estonia), Tommi NORDBERG (CEO Gemalto Oy), Danilo CATTANEO (DTCE President), Marita ULVSKOG, Member of the European Parliament and rapporteur for eIDAS
- View the eIDAS infographic for a graphical explanation
- Select your favourite e-Mark U Trust logo