The event will bring together top-level decision makers to share experiences, business cases and good practices to learn how to best leverage the opportunities of trust services in the new eIDAS Regulation. These include electronic signatures, seals, registered delivery services, time stamps and certificates for website authentication.
Follow the conference live (from 10am):
To see the conference in an external window, please follow this link.
The second part of the day will illustrate the value of electronic trust services in enabling trust and convenience on-line and will focus particularly on three business sectors with a high potential for the use of trust services:
- The financial sector (consumer credit)
- Postal services
It is part of the effort to promote uptake of the eIDAS Regulation in the private sector in order leverage electronic trust services as a key enabler of the Digital Single Market (DSM) by making cross-border electronic transactions more secure, convenient, and trustworthy.
- Outline the basic principles of electronic trust services (in a cross-border context);
- Showcase good practices, identify opportunities and possible hurdles;
- Collect input from the private sector to streamline business processes and embrace new innovative services
- Offer practical tools for further take up in terms of technical expertise and financing (CEF), as to develop a closer cooperation with innovative businesses.
- Understanding cross-border obstacles in the use of electronic trust services in the identified sectors;
- Improving client convenience and facilitating business processes by going digital (e.g. by signing contracts online, taking out insurances, etc.)
Please find a blog post on the event, published on the Digital Agenda for Europe
- Insurance, by Claudia Lang, Community Life
- Financial Sector, by Danilo Cattaneo, Infocert/DTCE
- Postal Services, by Alain Roset, La Poste
- Financial Sector, by Ludovic Amoedo, Crédit Agricole Consumer finance
- Postal Services, by Harald Lemke, Deutsche Post
- Consumer Credit, by Gauthier van Weddingen, UniCredit Consumer Financing Romania
- In Digital we trust, by Carlo Bewersdorf, Allianz
- Panel 1: Business Opportunities, by Andrea Caccia, ANORC
- Panel 1: Secure Data Storage + Mobile & Electronic Signature, by Heinz J. Hafner, HJH Composites B.V.
- Panel 1: eSEAL in Business Processes by Michal Tabor, Polish Chamber of Information Technology and Telecommunications
- Panel 2: e-Delivery Services by Monika Jablonska, tNotice
Who can I contact for more information?
Drop us an email if you need any further information.
Join the discussion on Twitter using the hashtag #eIDASevents.