The meeting introduced the new member organisations of the group, and discussed topics for a work programme during the course of its three year mandate. In addition, the Commission presented the EU digital health response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the current situation with regard to the development of a European Health Data Space and the Digital Transformation of Health and Care.
The names of the new member organisations of the renewed eHealth Stakeholder Group were published in February 2020, following a call for expressions of interest. The first meeting was originally planned for March but was postponed due to COVID-19.
Members are all umbrella organisations/associations with a European outreach, representing the following sectors/groups: the Health Tech industry, patients, healthcare professionals and the research community. The names of selected organisations are published in the Register of Commission Expert Groups.
The eHealth Stakeholder Group will provide advice and expertise to the Commission, particularly on topics set out in the Communication on enabling the digital transformation of health and care in the Digital Single Market, that was adopted in April 2018. In particular in relation to the following areas:
- Health Data, including taking forward the Commission Recommendation on a European Electronic Health record exchange format and the further elaboration of the baseline set of technical specifications and better interoperability
- Digital health services
- Health data protection and privacy issues
- Cybersecurity for health and care data
- Digital tools for citizen empowerment and person centred care
- Artificial intelligence and health
- Other cross cutting aspects linked to the digital transformation of health and care, such as financing and investment proposals and enabling technologies
Information about meetings, including agenda and minutes is regularly published in the Register of Commission Expert Groups.