The Stakeholder Forum is a public and free event organised on a yearly basis by the European Commission and a Member State within the context of the Digitising European Industry initiative (DEI). This event is also a key part of the European Platform of National Initiatives on digitising industry, which offers a coordination framework between the various actions on digitalisation of industry at national, regional and EU level.
The Stakeholder Forum aims to bring together all the different actors involved in the digital value chain, such as the European Commission, Member States, national initiatives, industry representatives, SMEs, academia and Digital Innovation Hubs to share experiences, exchange best practices and discuss the implementation of the DEI initiative. By attending this event, you will have the opportunity to influence and contribute to the development of European policy on digitalisation, and learn about all the latest developments.
After a successful first Stakeholder Forum in 2017 co-organised with the German Federal Ministry for economic affairs and Energy (BMWi), the second Stakeholder Forum is co-organised with the French Ministry for Economic Affairs and Digital Technologies on 27 and 28 March 2018. The event will take place within the large 4-day Global Industrie 2018 trade fair.
The Stakeholder Forum will be opened on the afternoon of 27 March by a speech from Delphine Gény-Stephann, French Secretary of State for Economic Affairs and Finance, and a video message by Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society. This will be followed by high-level policy presentations and discussions in a plenary session.
On 28 March, there will be dedicated parallel workshops on Digital Innovation Hubs, Public-Private Partnerships, financing instruments for digitisation, digital skills, and rolling out of digital industrial platforms.
An exhibition area will also offer the possibility to get first-hand information on national initiatives on digitising industry, exchange best practices, listen to short presentations at the speakers' corner, and showcase successful examples of the use of digital technologies.
The conference will have a specific focus on SMEs and it will conclude with a plenary session.
- The Digitising European Industry initiative in a nutshell
- Brochure of the Digitising European Industry Initiative: learn all the details on the key pillars of the DEI initiative and the progress made 2 years after its launch.
- Working groups for the implementation of the DEI initiative: reports and information on the different working groups to advance in the digitalisation of European industry.
- I4MS and SAE brochures: European success stories on the benefits of adopting digital innovation in different companies with the help of Digital Innovation Hubs.
- Analysis of national initiatives on digitising industry: overview of the progress made in the different Member States, actions taken and how national measures are aligned with the DEI strategy.
Follow the conversation on twitter at #DEIforum.