The Horizon 2020-funded IND2016 Creating a Smart Europe conference brings together research, industry, education and finance is the largest networking conference in the field of new production technologies, materials, nanotechnology, biotechnology and digitalisation. With more than 1.250 high level delegates from all over Europe participating, the aim is to identify priorities that are crucial to strengthen the European industrial innovation ecosystem.
Within the framework of the conference, the European Commission organizes a workshop on DG CONNECT Innovation initiatives, discussing the implementation of the Digital Innovation Hubs proposed in the Commission Communication on "Digitizing European Industry".
The session is meant to discuss commonality and differences so to better focus on what could be missing in each of the actions.
In particular the focus will be on:
- sharing the experience gained in existing competence networks,
- assessing what is needed to upgrade them to fully fledged digital innovation hubs,
- considering which complementary roles could be played by the regional, national and European levels,
- what are the next steps to develop the network of digital innovation hubs? Building on complementarities.
13:30 – 13:35 Khalil Rouhana, Introduction, DG CONNECT, European Commission
13:35 – 14:30 Presentations of Innovation Initiatives
- Marco Taisch, I4MS
- Géraldine Andrieux Gustin, SAE
- Nathalie Debaes, ActPhast
- Christoph Leroux, Echord++
- Kurt Nielsen, Robott-NET
- Arnold Stokking, TNO
14:30 – 14:55 Open discussion
14:55 – 15:00 Concluding remarks