As part of the Digitising European Industry strategy, the European Commission has launched the I4MS and SAE initiatives to support the creation of a strong pan-European network of Digital Innovation Hubs and to help companies make the most of digital opportunities.
Through different Innovation Actions, I4MS and SAE finance small scale experiments where companies –especially SMEs, startups and mid-caps– can implement and test digital innovations to ultimately develop new products, processes and services. These experiments are done in collaboration with Digital Innovation Hubs, which offer access to technology-testing, financing advice, market intelligence and networking opportunities.
If you are an SME interested in advancing your digital transformation by getting involved in the Digital Innovation Hubs network, you can take part in the available open calls for experiments. You can find below a timeline overview of all upcoming calls until 2020 in different projects and topics. Relevant links will be become available for each of the calls once they are open.
Open calls in I4MS
- HORSE (Robotics): November 2017
- ReconCell (Robotics): November 2017
- L4MS (Robotics): September 2018, September 2019
- CloudiFacturing (HPC coud-based simulation): July 2018, July 2019
- MIDIH (CPS/IoT for manufacturing): March 2018, March 2019
- AMABLE (Additive manufacturing): March 2018, March 2019, March 2020.
Open calls in SAE
- FED4SAE (CPS and embedded systems): November 2017, May 2018, November 2018
- TETRAMAX (Low energy computing powering CPS and IoT)
- DIATOMIC (Advanced micro-electronic components and smart system integration): March 2018, September 2018
- SmarTEES (Organic and large aread electronics): December 2017 (open until September 2019 with 5 cut off deadlines)
- Data Pitch (Business incubator supporting startups and SMEs building business using corporate data resources) July 2017 (closed in September 2017), Autumn 2018