The Digital Assembly 2016, the most important DG Connect annual event in policy making, entitled "Putting the Digital Single Market at the heart of Europe" will take place at the Slovak National Theatre. It is organised by the European Commission in cooperation with the Slovakian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
The European Commission's Vice-President responsible for the Digital Single Market, Andrus Ansip will deliver a keynote speech. The opening speech will be delivered by the Slovakian Prime Minister Robert Fico.
The Digital Assembly 2016 programme
The Digital Assembly 2016 Programme will feature a plenary session that will contain keynote and inspirational speeches, a CEO's debate and six parallel workshops that will cover key topics of the Digital Single Market strategy:
- Digitising European Industry – Reaping the full benefits of a DSM;
- E-Commerce and Online Platforms;
- Improving access to content in the DSM;
- Connected and Automated Driving;
- Internet of Things and ePrivacy;
- Gigabit Society.
Conference keynote speakers include:
- Günther Oettinger, Commissioner responsible for Digital Economy and Society
- Andrus Ansip, Vice-President of the European Commission for the Digital Single Market
- Robert Fico, Prime Minister of Slovakia.
- Peter Pellegrini, Deputy Prime Minister of Slovakia
- Roberto Viola, Director General DG Connect
The Digital Assembly 2016 is an invitation-only event, however live web-streaming will be available online.
Follow #DA2016eu for more news.